Enjoy exceptional food and excellent service at The Terrace bistro. The Terrace is a place to meet, eat and relax, just a short walk from the centreof Harrogate and next door to the International Conference Centre. The stylish interior, warm welcome and menu bursting with seasonalflavours will have you returning again and again to experience the taste of The Terrace.
We are very proud of our food and our talented kitchen brigade work hardto create dishes using locally sourced, fresh ingredients.Not only does our head chef Rudi Heer select rare breeds for his menu, as a Swiss Yorkshireman he is one himself. Rudi, originally from Switzerland, is from a long line of Swiss/Italian restaurateurs, chefs and farmers and feels totally at home in the Yorkshire Dales.He says: “As a young boy I enjoyed an outdoor life hunting, fishing and farming, but the greatest memories were helping my grandmother cooking and baking, watching the amazing things she was able to create from the produce around her”. After leaving school Rudi served his apprenticeship at a leading lakeside hotel and then went to work in top hotels in Switzerland and on the international hotel scene in Kuwait, Malawi, Italy, France and Germany.Rudi’s knowledge of Yorkshire produce would put most locals to shame. He has built up a network of Yorkshire suppliers that he can call on to supply the finest meat, fish, vegetables and cheese to create some stunning dishes. Rudi’s dishes have the fine touch of a classically trained chef with the appeal of rustic, home cooked food.
SandwichesServed With Salad Garnish in Brown Malted or White Bloomer
Roast Yorkshire HamVine Tomato & Mozzarella£5.95
Dry Cured Yorkshire BaconLettuce, Vine Tomato & Mayonnaise£5.95
Open Mackenzies Smoked SalmonRed Onion, Creamed Horseradish, Pea Shoots£7.95
Wensleydale Farmhouse CheeseBranston Pickle£5.25
Terrace ClubGrilled Chicken, Bacon, Baby Leaves, Creamed Avocado,Vine Tomato & Mayonnaise£8.25
Warm Salted Dales Beef BrisketRed Onion Mayonnaise£10.50
Freshly Baked Bread & Mixed Olives£4.95
Spiced Avocado & Roast Pepper Cheese CakeTomato Essence£5.25
Hand Cut Chips£2.95
Buttered Anya Potatoes£2.95
Cheesy Gratin Potatoes£3.50
Nidderdale Smoked Trout FilletPoached Free Range Egg, Cream Cheese & MuffinStarter £5.95 Main £9.95
Chilli Stir Fried Squid & King PrawnsCrunchy Vegetables & Pineapple SaladStarter £7.50 Main £11.50
Sea Salt Roasted Free Range Boned Chicken ThighsCaesar SaladStarter £6.95 Main £9.95
Mixed Leaf Salad with House DressingStarter £3.95Main £5.50
Salmon & Watercress FishcakeHorseradish Cream Sauce Crunchy SaladStarter £5.95 Main £8.95
Rare Breed Pig Ham Hock & Parsley TerrineFried Free Range Egg, Crusty BreadStarter £5.95 Main £8.95
Confit Of Duck LegChicory Tart Tatin, Buttered Spring Cabbage£8.95
Aubergine FritterLocal Beer Batter, Cucumber & Tomato Salsa£6.95
Freshly Made SoupCrusty Bread£4.25
Baked Camembert in a BoxBread Crouton, Baby Tomato & Mixed Pickles£6.95
Beetroot Cured SalmonCrunchy Vegetable SaladStarter £5.95 Main £8.95
Whitby Crab & Beetroot Cured Salmon TartPotato & Cucumber Salad, Crème Fraiche DressingStarter £5.95 Main £9.95
Yorkshire Dales Beef (Dry Aged 30 Days)12 oz Rump Steak£12.95
8 oz Sirloin Steak£14.95
10 oz Rib Eye Steak£17.95Cooked To Your Liking with Hand Cut Chunky Chips, Butter SautéedMushrooms & Shallots & Roasted Tomatoes
Sauces£1.95Creamy Blue CheeseMixed Peppercorn & BrandyWasabi & Crème FraicheWarm Ketchup & Worcestershire
100% Beef Rump BurgerYorkshire Bacon, Farmhouse Cheese, Red Onion Marmalade,Hand Cut Chips & Salad£9.50
Double Roasted Aromatic Rare Breed Pork BellyBraised Pak Choi, Rich Soya Dressing£9.50
Roulade Of Free Range Chicken Breast & Parma Hamfilled with Sun Blushed Tomato Mousseon Sage Buttered Linguine£14.50
Slow Braised Spiced Lamb ShankCoriander Couscous, Minted Yoghurt£13.95
Grilled Sea BreamBraised Spring Leek, Chorizo, New Potatoes£14.95
Chefs’ Dish of The DayPlease ask your waiter for details of our Chef’s Special£10.95
Whitby Haddock in Local Beer BatterMinted Mushy Peas, Hand Cut Chips & Homemade Tartar Sauce£11.95
Salted Dales Beef BrisketWith Shallots, Leek, Carrots, Celeriac & Potatoes in its own stockserved in a Pot Au Feu£10.95
Asparagus, Broad Bean & Lemon Risotto£8.95
Spaghetti LunghiSun Blushed Tomato, Basil, Roast Pepper & Olives,Pecorino Shavings£8.95
Grilled Halloumi & Roast Beetroot Mille FeuillePea Shoots, Beetroot GlazeStarter £6.25 Main £9.95
Please Ask Your Waiter for a List of Today’s Desserts
americano £2.40traditional fresh coffeeserved black with fresh milk
cappuccino £2.85topped with frothy milk
latte £2.95espresso mixed with hot milkand topped with frothy milk
mocha £2.95espresso mixed with hotchocolate and topped withfrothy milk
espresso £2.20a shot of freshly ground coffee
double espresso £3.40a double shot of freshlyground coffee
liquor coffee’s £5.95all liquor coffee’s are toppedwith freshly whipped cream
irish - served with irish whiskeycalypso - served with tia mariafrench - served with brandybaileys - served with baileysdrambuie - served with drambuie
the terrace special coffee £6.95liquor coffee with baileysand drambuie
hot chocolate £2.60topped with frothy milk
cup of tea £1.75served with fresh milk
speciality tea’s £1.95please ask for our rangeof speciality teas
long island iced tea £6.75vodkaginbacarditequilatriple sec/cointreausour mashtopped with cokegarnished with a lemon wedge
moscow mule £6.75vodkafresh limetopped with ginger alegarnished with squeezed lime wedge
mojito £6.75fresh limesugarfresh mintbacarditopped with sodadash angostura bittersgarnished with a mint sprig
singapore sling £6.75gincherry brandycointreaubenedictinegrenadinepineapple juicelime juicedash angostura bittersgarnished with a glazed cherry
educated gringo £6.75fresh limemuscovado sugarbourbonportgarnished with a squeezed lime wedge
white russian £6.75creammilkvodkakahluagarnished with a glazed cherry
woo woo £6.75vodkapeach schnappscranberry juicegarnished with a glazed cherry
martini’sclassic martini £5.95vodka/ginvermouthgarnished with a lemon twist
cosmopolitan £5.95vodkacointreaucranberryfresh limegarnished with orange rind
margarita £5.95tequilacointreaufresh limegarnished with a salt rimmed glassand a lime twist
daiquiri £5.95bacardifresh limemuscovado sugargarnished with a lime twist
bellini £8.95champagnepeach juicegarnished with a lemon twist
kir royal £8.95champagnecrème de cassisgarnished with a glazed cherry
1. tierra antica sauvignon blanc, chile fresh and herbaceous style with deliciousaromas of melon, apple and grapefruit,fresh and fruity with a zippy finish.glass (250ml £4.95, bottle £13.95
2. tierra antica chardonnay, chile a careful selection of the best grapes grown inour vineyards in the curico valley. this chardonnay isbright, focused, aromatic and impressive for itsrange of flavors, touching on banana, melon andwhite peach and revealing a graceful note of redapple on the long finish, recommended with fish,seafood and white meats.glass (250ml) £4.95, bottle £13.95
3. tierra antica merlot, chile well flavored with a touch of green bell pepperand aromas of ripe small black fruits.smoothly rounded and well balanced.glass (250ml) £4.95, bottle £13.95
4. tierra antica cabernet sauvignon, chile soft, round and approachable style withblackberry fruit on nose and palate.glass (250ml) £4.95, bottle £13.95
5. pinot bianco / chelo pinot grigio clean and fresh with balanced fruit and acidity and a hintof spice on the finish. £15.50
6. echeverria sauvignon blanc, chile bright, lively and fresh with a long and lasting flavourwith hints of ripe green melons and grass. £16.95
7. foundstone unoaked chardonnay, australia
this unoaked chardonnay offers a rich and creamymouth feel that leads to lovely soft tropical fruits andorange zest on the palate, zingy acidity underpins theflavors’ and keeps them lingering on the palate. £16.95
8. chablis – domaine jean goulley good weight with a clean, pronounced mineral characteron the nose and palate. £32.95
9. ‘cavallina’ pinot grigio, italy fresh, crisp and clean with mineral undertones. £18.95
10. hazy view chenin blanc, south africafresh and aromatic aromas with crisp acidity, finishingon a long, fruity note. £14.95
11. sauvignon de touraine, france crisp, dry sauvignon blanc from touraine withgood weight and a clean, fresh finish. £17.95
12. goldwater sauvignon blanc, new zealand intensely aromatic and fragrant aromas of honeyed lycheeand passion fruit witsubtle crushed nettles tones and freshminerality, the palate shows rich ripe aromas which combinewith herbal and citrus nuances to give a well balanced winewith a refreshing, long and clean finish. £25.95
13. opal ridge semillon chardonnay, australia delicate blend of herbaceous semillon and exotic tropicalchardonnay fruit characters with subtle oak complexitybalanced by a crisp, fresh finish. £15.95
14. sancerre – gerrard millet vibrant sauvignon notes of grapefruit and lemonwith good weight and a clean crisp finish. £36.50
15. le beau chene viognier, france fresh creamy apricot flavour with hints of ripe pearsand a lovely balance on the finish. £18.25
16. gavi del commune di gavi ‘fossili’, italy spicy with a pleasant mineral tone and crisp finish.good with spicy food. £24.50
rosé wines 17. fiorle rossato, italy this is a fruity, very drinkable rosewith a clean, crisp finish.by the glass (250ml), £5.25 bottle £15.25
18. coleccion malbec rosé argentinawell structured but very fruity with hints of spice andsummer pudding berried fruit through to a cleanand crisp finish. quite delicious.bottle £17.50
19. pinot grigio blush, italy the appealing pale blush colour of this wine is obtainedfrom the skins of the pinot grigio grapes which are pinkin colour, fresh and fruity with an off-dry finish.bottle £16.95
20. parducci zinfandel, california £22.95a characteristically robust and spicy wine, the noseoffers ripe scents of jammy blackberry, blueberry andraspberry fruits with a pronounced pepper tone,on the palate the wine’s rich, spicy brambleberry flavoursare bright and zesty, with balancing sturdy tannins.
21. agustinos pinot noir reserve, chile £19.75ripe strawberries with balanced vanilla from oak ageing;classic pinot flavours, very fine
22. foundstone shiraz, australia £17.95this shiraz displays vanillin cigar-box and black cherrieson the nose, with a rich mouth feel that leads to lovelyripe black cherry with complex hints of spice and herbson the palate.
23. berton reserve barossa shiraz, australia £25.95an impressive full flavoured shiraz showing hints of spicywhite pepper and ripe plum over smoky oak. the richgenerous fruit palate has soft, ripe tannins well balancedwith oak and a long lingering fruit finish.
24. echeverria cabernet sauvignon, chile £17.75pronounced blackberry character with juicy fruit on thepalate and a firm finish.
25. rivallana rioja tinto, spain £16.95made in the modern style, (without oak ageing)and full of vibrant fruit.
26. chateau saint romans, bordeaux £18.45berried nose with a pleasant softness on the palate,smooth, good quality drinking claret.
27. hazy view pinotage, south africa £16.95medium bodied with ripe, brambly fruit through toa lively finish, very drinkable style.
28. echeverria merlot, chile £17.95showing plummy fruit with good depth andtexture, slightly herbaceous.
29. cotes du rhone, domaine de la solitude £24.50good weight of plummy fruit, well structured with firmtannins and some complexity.
30. chateauneuf du pape, dom. du haut des terres blanches £48.95a smooth wine showing warm, earthy tones on thenose and hints of prunes on the palate with mellow tanninsand good structure, ery traditionally styled and savourychateauneuf du pape.
31. siangiovese di romagna reservia doc £36.50Produced from only the best clusters of grapes, this winehas an intense cherry aroma with a touch of violets followed bya full rich flavour with firm tannins
champagne & sparkling 32. moutard grand cuvee champagne a cuvée with a pinot noir base and aged onthe lees for at least three years, fine, rich,developed nose with fragrances of butter,almond and brioche.by the glass (125ml) £7.95, bottle £39.50
33. moutard prestige rose champagne £43.50delicate salmon pink colour from short macerationon the skins and a well sustained, elegant and fresh,fruity flavour.
34. veuve chapelle – brut cuve close £22.95clean with pineapple and white fruit notes,refreshing and delicate.
35 pol roger brut reserve. £49.50made from one third each of pinot noir, pinot meunierand chardonnay, this champagne is golden in colourand has a delicate aroma with nuancee of white flowersand brioche. on the palate, there is good weight with elegance,creamy texture and finesse. very fine.
36 pol roger brut vintage £82.50beautiful biscuity and buttery nose with creamy weightbalanced by good acidity. a serious style of champagne,very long and complex.
37. pol roger vintage rose £95.00made from a blend of two thirds pinot noir with one thirdchardonnay sourced from around 20 grands and premiers crus,very well balanced with excellent acidity.
38. pol roger cuvee sir winston churchill £175.00this was created in homage to sir winston churchill whowas a great devotee of pol roger’s champagnes, it is lightgolden yellow in colour, showing an intense creamy mousseand an elegant, floral bouquet as well as notes of dried fruits,on the palate, it is broad, rich and stylish, with great balancebetween the force and richness of pinot noir and the finesseand delicacy of chardonnay
On New Years Day, begin with our famous and delicious Yorkshirebreakfast before you set off on your journey home.Dates and Prices2 Night package – arrive 30th December - £229.00 per person1 Night package – arrive 31st December - £189.00 per personSeven Course Black Tie Dinner Only - £79.50As it is new year why not treat yourself to a executive room for an extra£45 per person or a deluxe room for £75 per person.
January SaleMake the most of the sales in Harrogate,The Kimberley Hotel can help do that.Bed and Breakfast throughout January - £69 per room based on2 people sharing a standard room (subject to availability).Why not upgrade to a executive or deluxe for a discounted supplement ofonly £10 per person for executive or £15 per person for Deluxe.Late Christmas PartiesIf you can’t make December there is no need to worry, here at theKimberley we would like to offer you the discounted rate of £24.95 perperson for the stunning festive party dinner menu and disco.